Landscape Design Charlottesville VA is responsible for landscaping of public and private architectural space. A landscaping architect generates landscaping design ideas and based on these ideas create landscaping plans in the form of technical drawings, sketches etc. However, the task generating landscaping ideas is generally carried out in two ways. the first method is a spontaneous method. This requires a lot of experience and creativity. The second method is fairly simple and anyone can do it with little practice. This method of designing can be termed as an analytical method, where the architect reaches the final design solution by trials and errors.
In this method, before the architect generates any primary design sketches, collects raw data with him. The raw data usually may include the following things:
- The dimensions of the plot
- North direction
- Nature and topology of land (flat or sloping)
- Amount of sunlight, wind
- The direction of sunlight, wind speeds
- Presence of neighboring structures or any other influential factor such as seashore/railway line, highway, etc.
- Quality of soil
- Access points to the plot
- Most important, requirements of the client
Using this raw data the architect the generates unique ideas from his own experience and creates plans, elevations, sketches using 3D modeling landscape designing software, etc. This is where the duty of the landscaping architect finishes. The construction and execution of the landscaping design is not an architect’s job. if the plans have been approved by the client the architect hands over the plans and other drawings such as construction details, quantities to the person who executes the design on site.
The person who executes the entire design according to the drawings provided by the landscaping architect is termed as a “landscaping contractor”. The architect’s duty includes supervision of the site during execution to see that the landscape contractor carefully follows the design for necessary dimensions materials, their particular manufacturers, etc. For example, if the architect has specified to use “outdoor lights” from only a particular manufacturer, it is mandatory for the landscaping contractor to use them during execution.
- Thus the duties of the landscape design architects are wide, starting from the observation of the empty site to the execution of the complete project till it’s final stage.
- When you work with a landscape architect, you need to communicate your vision of exactly what you want your landscape outcome to be. Your input, particularly if you have an eye for beauty and symmetry will be a welcome addition to any landscape design plan.
- If you go with a more experienced landscape designer and builder, they will know immediately what will work and what won’t from their many years of experience. And they always first take into consideration the layout of your land.
- Your landscape designer will have access to all the materials you could possibly need to perform the work, so you have the advantage of many choices in any given area of the design.
- Finally, after the design is almost complete, a professional designer is going to know what plants optimize each design, placing trees, plants, and the foliage in just the right places.
- When you consider all of the advantages, rather than attempting your landscaping on your own, the best choice is the landscape designer who can draw up the plans, and turn those plans into a reality.